How we are different to other Ethiopian schools?
1. Small class sizes – our maximum class size is 28 students, with two teachers per classroom. In Ethiopia, classes of up to 80 students are common!
2. Quality teaching – our teachers are trained in using the best international teaching practices such as integrated learning, topic-based learning and incorporating activities that promote critical thinking. We also have specialist Music, Art and Sport classes.
3. English fluency -students learn English the moment they begin at St Yared. This guarantees our students a much higher chance of employment upon graduation as it is not common to find students fluent in English graduating from the government schools.
4. Free education – all educational costs are 100% covered thanks to our generous sponsors. In other schools, families often struggle to fund uniforms, school equipment and resource books.
Click on the image above to donate to the School of St Yared in Ethiopia.
5. Food and clean water provided – our students are given a high protein diet at school which helps to provide sufficient nutrients as they develop and ensure they can maximise their learning experiences.
6. School transport available – we pick up children in our school bus unable to get to school by themselves.
7. Teaching resources – our students have access to books, art resources, sports equipment and many other learning aids.
8. A caring and enriched learning environment – unlike most schools that still use corporal punishment, St Yared believe in positive reinforcement.
9. 13 years of schooling – it is common for children in government schools to drop out before they finish primary school. All St Yared students will have access to 13 years of education.
Help create a better future for the children and communities in Addis Ababa
by joining our St Yared’s community.
Make a donation or sponsor a child today